You may place your membership on hold for a minimum of 7 days to a maximum of 60 days.
The fee is $3 per day, minimum $21 (for 7 days) to a maximum of $60 (for 20 to 60 days).
A paid hold causes the end date of your membership to be extended for the number of days of the hold.
You may not place your account on hold retroactively.
To suspend future auto-charges on a month-to-month membership, please provide 7 days notice by email.
There will be a $25 charge for any refund request on an unused month of membership once the month has started (and there are no refunds on a monthly membership that has ended).
(Note: We require that you give us email notice of cancellation before your membership renews. We do not give retroactive credits for unused portions of your monthly membership.)
Any prepaid months are non refundable, and the early cancellation fee on all commitment plans is 25% of the remaining scheduled payments.
Additional benefits of a 12-month membership plan include:
- 50% Discount on all Shirt Purchases
- 50% Discount on Drop-In Charges for your Friends and/or Guests
- Elimination of the normal $5 Charge when you drop in at your “non home” CrossFit NYC location
The discount on shirts:
- Applies to the posted prices, so if an item has already been marked down, your price will be an additional 50% off the marked-down price.
- We ask that you use this discount only for items you purchase for your own use and/or a visiting friend or guest (i.e., please don’t purchase for others and/or resell merchandise).
If you would like to host a guest, who visits occasionally:
- Email us with your guest copied and please vouch for your guest’s CrossFit experience.
- We will normally be able to accommodate only a single guest when you also attend.
- Your account (not your guest’s) will be charged half the normal drop-in rate.
- Your guest will be sent a waiver that needs to be filled out before arrival.
To drop in at your non home location:
- Email us in advance, and we will set you up at no charge (assuming there is space).
In general, the people who are most successful at CrossFit NYC are those who are willing to trade quantity for quality (intensity). Anything from 8 to 12 workouts during your first month is solid. In time you should get comfortable with coming to the gym 3 to 4 times per week. In general, we have very few people who get in more than 18 workouts per month.
The classic CrossFit.com prescription for work to rest is three days on-one day off. Initially, we usually recommend that new members workout 1 to 2 days on, followed by a day of rest until they adapt to CrossFit. Some members workout five days per week and take the weekend off, but most find the 2-3 days on/1 day off prescription to work best and allow for ample recovery during the week.
If you average 3 to 4 days per week over the next 6 months, eat cleanly, and sleep 8 hours, you will be astonished by the results.
Chances are that you fall into one of these two categories:
1) Your payment was not authorized successfully for your current month of membership.
2) You’re currently on No-Show probation.
A Front Desk staff member must manually remove this alert once the issue is solved.
Could be a number of reasons. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get it straightened out.