During the CrossFit 2020 Open we will run Open workouts on Friday, Saturday and Monday at 28th and 67th street.
We will have All Levels workouts on Friday and Saturday for those members who do not choose to participate in the Open.
Depending on the Open workout, we may or may not do something similar in the All Levels classes . The only way you can be guaranteed access to the Open workouts is to register for the Open (pick the CrossFit NYC team). The Open classes will only be available to those who have registered for the 2020 CrossFit Open.
Open classes will run from early Friday afternoon through early Monday afternoon. Your best opportunity to complete the workout will be Friday night and Saturday (all day), but we also offer “Last Chance” workouts on Monday.
How to Register for a CrossFit Open Workout in Zen Planner:
1. Forward the email you received from CrossFit verifying that you are registered for the 2020 CrossFit Open to info@CrossFitNYC.com. Please mention your home location (Flatiron or UWS) somewhere in the body of your email.
2. The Front Desk will assign you a special membership “Pass” that grants you access to Open classes – you’ll be able to register for these sessions like any other class, using your Zen Planner account.
3. This “Pass” will let you register for NO MORE THAN 2 Open classes in any given calendar week – this is meant to serve as a courtesy for members who may wish to, for example, do 20.1 on a Sunday, and then 20.2 the following Saturday. Open classes open for registration 7 days ahead of time, just like any other class.
4. If we find you are registered for more than one session of any given Open class, your later reservation will be canceled as there are limited spots available in each class. We keep the class caps low until we know the logistics of the workout which are not announced until late Thursday night (8 PM). If you cannot get into any class please put yourself on the waitlist. We will increase capacity where possible after we know what the workout is. We recommend you plan to perform the workout once rather than multiple times over the weekend.
The exact schedule will initially be somewhat in flux, for the following reasons:
1. We do not yet know how many of our members will register for the Open.
2. We do not know the workouts, so there is always the distinct chance that certain workouts will not be able to be performed at 67th Street (e.g., wall balls to a 10′ target).
3. We do not know the logistics of any given workout until Thursday evening (8 PM), when they announce the workout.
We cannot provide our normal flexibility and at the same time guarantee each participant that we will manage and judge their workout to the standards demanded by CrossFit HQ. Therefore, we are choosing to maximize the experience of those members who choose to register in the Open and are prepared to make the sacrifices that are required to participate in any professionally run competition. We also recognize that not all of our members wish to participate in the Open.
If you are traveling during the Open, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to do the workout at the exact time or place of your choosing. Please plan ahead and contact the local affiliates beforehand. They will be responsible for validating your score(s) performed at their affiliate (not CFNYC).