Avery discovered CrossFit after scouring the Internet for information on kettlebells in 2007. Initially she was intimidated to see the day’s workout called for “an insane amount of pull ups – like 50″. While she was sure she could handle an hour on the elliptical, she knew she couldn’t do a single pull up.
A few months later she attended one of the first classes at the gym’s first location on 38th St. Though she left the first class unable to lift her arms above her head after completing a workout with modified push ups and pull ups, she was completely hooked on CrossFit.
Seven years later, Avery serves as Head Coach of CFNYC and oversees the programming. Avery is incredibly passionate about competing in Kettlebell Sport at the national and international level. She also has experience in Olympic Weightlifting as an amateur competitor and coach.
Avery is available for private training in kettlebells, Olympic weightlifting, CrossFit and general fitness. She has experience with athletes rehabbing from injuries, moms-to-be, and beginners who – as she once did – struggle to meet those first milestones like a real pull up.
You can follow Avery on Instagram at @nyckettlebells.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Endurance Trainer Course
- CrossFit Mobility Trainer Course
- IKSFA Level 1 and 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- International Kettlebell Marathon Federation – USA Representative
- USAW Level 1 Coach Sports Performance Coach (with Artie Drechsler)
- USAW Level 2 Advanced Sports Performance Coach
- The Art of Coaching Weightlifting Seminar (with Ursula Garza Papandrea)
- California Strength Weightlifting Seminar
- 150 Volunteer Hours at Hospital for Special Surgery and 200 hours at New York Presbyterian Hospital (Acute/Out Patient Physical Therapy Departments)