Soft Opening of The New Upper West Side Location
157 Columbus Avenue (between 67th and 68th Streets)
Enter from Columbus Ave (To the Left of Petco)
• Adding 20 WOD’s: Monday through Friday at 6:00 AM, 7:00 AM, 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Reason: Although the 67th Street location will be under daytime construction from now through the spring, we recognize that this location is significantly more convenient for many of our members who may prefer to be close to home, even if conditions are less than ideal. (For those who date back to the early days of 28th Street, you know what to expect.)
The last thing to be done at 67th Street will be the locker rooms. Until then, we will have the old office bathrooms that were used by the previous tenant, while we finish everything on the main floor. There will be no showers until spring.
November UWS teaching schedule is:
• Mon, Wed, Fri mornings: Michael
• Tues-Thurs mornings: Kate
• Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri evenings : Kasey
• Wed evenings: David
We are also offering Free Intro classes on Wednesday Evenings, so if you have UWS friends who may be interested, please let them know. By December, we expect to double the number of WOD classes at 67th Street.
Monday and Friday CFE Running WOD’s
• Kasey’s Monday and Friday CFE Running WOD’s (both AM and PM) will be suspended until spring.
Reason: Attendance has been steadily dropping and will surely fall further as winter arrives. We normally cut back the running WOD’s in December, but this year, we are doing so in November, in part, so that we can staff new Upper West Side WOD classes. We will be retaining Kasey’s Saturday AM Central Park WOD’s and her Wednesday AM and PM Indoor CFE WOD’s.
Weekday 8:20 AM and 8:40 AM Beginner WOD’s
• We will consolidate these two WOD’s into a single 8:30 AM WOD with Chris
Reason: There is not nearly enough demand to justify two WOD’s in such a close time span. This change will require no more than a 10 minute shift by any of our members.
Additional WOD’s Being Added or Eliminated
• Thursday 4:40 PM WOD will be eliminated.
• Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:30 PM WOD’s will be eliminated
• Saturday 1:30 PM WOD will be eliminated
• Sunday 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM, and 2:30 PM WOD’s will be eliminated
• Sunday 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM WOD’s will be added
Reasons: The Thursday 4:40 PM and 5:00 PM WOD’s rarely have more than 15 people in total. The 8:20 PM and 8:40 PM WOD’s typically have no more than 10 people, while the 8:30 PM WOD’s rarely have more than 5. The weekend changes reflect a general movement towards offering more WOD’s later into the afternoon.