A: Skill: One-armed barbell deadlift: Both styles will be taught (barbell at side, called a “suitcase deadlift“, barbell in front) because each works different skills/muscles. The goal isn’t a specific rep scheme, so much as getting a feel for weighted versions of both movements (i.e., figuring out a relaxed max on each.)
B: Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95#/65# Squat snatch, 10 reps
10 Ring dips
10 Knees to elbows
Post rounds completed to comments.
I asked Annie to do a Q&A about our Halloween party on Friday night. Here’s what she has to say:
How long have you been a member of CFNYC?
I have been a member of CFNYC since April 2009 and you should have seen me when I walked in to that first beginners class; I had never lifted in my life, could not do 1 pull up or push up, and the thought of doing any of those exercises combined terrified me. Very quickly I became obsessed, like everyone does, and it has now become part of my everyday life. I definitely have a lot of work ahead of me, especially since I still can’t get a muscle-up and the coaches constantly yell at me for not pushing myself…(Hmm….8:30pm coaches!!) BUT I have a feeling 2012 will be my year : )
How is this year’s Halloween party going to be better than last years?
Every year the Halloween party has been a lot of fun but this year I’m convinced it will be the best!!
10 Reasons Why:
1. Halloween Party Committee in full effect. Shout out to – Cathy, Allison, Dickie, Cassie, Sara H, Mel, Keller, Mike K and Kameron
2. DJ Big Willy in the house
3. Dancing is required!! (Ok if you don’t like to dance it’s fine, but dancing will be strongly encouraged)
4. Photo booth with special Halloween background
5. Fun games (Tabata shots, beer pong, PM clases vs AM classes)
6. Full bar and paleo snacks
7. Costumes – you can be anything!
8. It will be on the 4th floor (it won’t feel like the place we work out in everyday)
9. Spooky decorations and lighting
10. AND you get to hang out will your crossfit friends!!
Why should folks come out to the party?
If you are not convinced after my top 10 Reasons, then let me finish with – New members, old members, Elements students, it doesn’t matter…the Halloween party is one of the few occasions that you can get a big group of us CFNYC members all together to have fun and let lose and it really does feel like that “crossfit community” we always talk about. And if that still doesn’t convince you; come just to see what Court‘s costume will be this year – every year it’s quite creative!!!
I hope you all attend – it will be tons of fun.
If you are coming, please try to bring alcohol or food (post on blog what you will bring).
* * * * *
Here’s a preview of Thursday’s WOD classes:
A: Front squat 5-3-1
B: Complete ten rounds for time of:
Post time to comments.