20 One legged squats, alternating legs
16 One legged squats, alternating legs
12 One legged squats, alternating legs
8 One legged squats, alternating legs
Post time to comments.
Compare to 040712.
BLACK BOX EVENTS:
Paleo Fitness talk: Jan 22nd, 2-4pm, FREE for members, $5 for non-members
Friday Night Faceoff: Jan 28th, 7:00pm, FREE!
DAY 21 of the BLACK BOX 30-DAY PALEO CHALLENGE–LINKS:
Tom’s fitness & nutrition blog roll
Has paleo gone to the dogs (and cats)?
The secret of veggies: steam & saute (or roast them)
Spinach several ways
Squat like you mean it
Zen & the art of squatting
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELLI!
Mike K. muscle-up montage (photos via Steven):
And still we endeavor to inform you about our competitors for the “Friday Night Faceoff“–today, (Coach) Mike K., pictured above:
1. how long have you been a crossfitter? Regularly since Dec 08, but I messed around with it occasionally for about a year before that
2. have you ever been in a competition? Yes, 2009 Summer Hybrid Challenge, 2010 Crossfit Sectionals, 2010 CrossfitNYC Affiliate Team at Regionals, 2011 CAINgames
3. Why do you like to train? Its fun, and a good way to test yourself
4. what is your best/worst experience in a competition? Last year’s affiliate team was a lot of fun. Being bad at double unders during sectionals last year really sucked.
5. who poses the biggest threat in the face-off? Probably Jim – he’s added a lot of strength and is still fast
6. what type of movements do you want to see? I like deadlifts, cleans, KB swings, heavy front squats, box jumps. I don’t know – it all depends how they are put together.
7. what type of movements do you not want to see? running, especially in snow. And high rep OHS – they still bother my shoulder sometimes.
8. what is your best workout? Not sure, but I tend to favor the ones on the heavier side
9. what is your worst workout? Also not sure, I dislike long, high rep stuff with lot of bodyweight movements – ie Murph/Cindy/etc
10. do you do anything special to prepare for a competition?Nothing too special, maybe an extra rest day and a good meal beforehand. Mental focus.
11. what type of music do you like to hear while you work out?Hip hop or loud rock/metal stuff. Anything with good energy to get amped up – half the time I don’t hear it once I start anyway.
12. who will be the sweatiest competitor? Mishik. Was there ever any doubt?
13. who will be the best dressed? I think it will be very close between Craig’s shirts and Jim’s socks… they might need to settle it with a walk off
14. anything else? If its not paleo, just add bacon.