Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
15 Two-hand dumbbell Bent over row, 50 pounds each
Post time to comments.
BLACK BOX EVENTS:
Paleo Fitness talk: Jan 22nd, 2-4pm, FREE for members, $5 for non-members
Friday Night Faceoff: Jan 28th, 7:00pm, FREE!
DAY 19 of the BLACK BOX 30-DAY PALEO CHALLENGE–LINKS:
‘Cows eat grass’ and other inflammatory statements
Mechanisms of sugar addiction, or why you’re addicted to bread
Not-so-boring chicken stir fry
A “start here” post from one of my favorite paleo bloggers
Climbing a mountain
10 things I’ve learned the hard way
Max squats (to the max), via Steven:
CAINgames 3-rep-max deadlifts highlights:
We continue to bring you interviews of our “Friday Night Faceoff” competitors. Since yesterday was Craig, it seemed appropriate for today to be Brett:
1. how long have you been a crossfitter? oh many years, 5 in April.
2. have you ever been in a competition? yes, a few. 1 at the now closed Brooklyn Box, 1 in CT at Hybrid Athletics, and CAIN’s challenge
3. why do you like to compete? I don’t. I hate losing. I usually only compete if I know I’ll win. I hate losing.
4. what is your best/worst expereince in a competition? losing bad
5. who poses the biggest threat in the faceoff? really depends on what the events are.
6. what type of movements do you want to see? heavy ones
7. what type of movements do you not want to see? running, burpees, double unders
8. what is your best workout? Short ones. Grace, Fran, Isabelle and Randy usually go pretty well. Nothing approaching Games level times though.
9. what is your worst workout? “Murph” usually goes pretty poorly.
10. do you do anything special to prepare for a competition? Sleep and take a day or two off before.
11. what type of music do you like to hear while you work out? Craig yelling and howling at me.
12. who will be the sweatiest competitor? I try to be, but Craig produces some pretty good rooster tails of sweat flinging off of him.
13. who will be the best dressed? Jim if he wears his white patent leather Top Siders.